TPU Research Areas
- Development of technology of nanoscale material obtaining, including transparent nanoceramics, armour ceramics and items based there on;
- Development of functional coatings for materials (hybrid materials in particular);
- Development of filled polymers and nanocomposite materials with longer life cycle;
- Development of thermal insulation and resource saving construction materials;
- Materials and technology for lightweight and reliable constructions.
Developments and Projects
- Ceramic and ceramic-metal nanocomposite construction materials intended for work in extreme conditions (nuclear industry, military weaponry);
- Lightweight radiation-resistant functionally-graded nanostructured materials for protection of electronic spacecraft modules;
- New lightweight and high-strength composite polymeric materials reinforced with fiberglass and carbon fiber and intended for use in aerospace industry;
- Technology and equipment for heat-conducting diamond coating application for the purposes of power electronics;
- Technology and equipment for application of functional coating combining hardness and elasticity;
- Technology and composition of thermal insulation and resource saving construction material intended for use in the Far North;
- Methods of multi-level dynamic modelling of critical structures based on state-of-the-art composite materials.
L’Université Joseph Fourier (Grenoble, France), Fraunhofer Institute for Ceramic Technologies and Systems IKTS (Dresden, Germany), Technische Universität Berlin (Germany), California State University (USA), Západočeská Univerzita v Plzni (Czech Republic), Università degli Studi di Padova (Italia), All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Aviation Materials, Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science SB RAS, Institute of High Current Electronics BS RAS, S.P. Korolev Rocket and Space Corporation “Energia”, HC Open Joint-Stock Company “NEVZ-Soyuz”, Tomskneftekhim LLC, Scientific and Production Centre “Polyus”, Technological Platform “National Information Satellite Systems”, etc.