TPU Research Areas
- Design and production of highly sensitive flaw detection systems and examination units;
- Development of integrated methods, technologies and systems of monitoring parameters of materials and products while working in extreme conditions;
- Development of radiant bodies based on new principles of physics and intended for use in complex systems of safety and monitoring systems.
Developments and Projects
- Imaging and image processing (including application of laser illumination) for purposes of non-destructive testing and diagnostics (of biological objects in particular);
- Resource saving secondary-supply sources for electrophysical units and spacecrafts;
- Next-generation set of technologies and tomographic systems for various-purpose units;
- Examination unit within project “Radiometric systems of examination and monitoring”;
- New models of betatron-type extracted-beam accelerators for industry and medicine;
- Centre for radiation test of electronic components and elements of spacecraft on-board equipment to find out the level of radiation resistance and radiation-induced electrization;
- Acoustic emission methods and means of pipeline tightness monitoring;
- Means of monitoring travel of intra-pipe objects, such as scrapers, pistons and means of intra-pipe diagnostics;
- Portable X-ray television flaw detectors for pipelines;
- Methods, devices and systems of detecting with 3D-imaging of object information parameters.
Saarland University (Saarbrücken, Germany), University of Dayton (USA), Fraunhofer Institute for Non-Destructive Testing (Dresden, Germany), KIT (Karlsruhe, Germany), Gazprom OJSC, Academician M.F. Reshetnev Information Satellite Systems OJSC, Scientific and Production Centre “Polyus”, Institute of High Current Electronics SB RAS, S.P. Korolev Rocket and Space Corporation “Energia”, etc.