To date, the world has created a situation when the growth of consumption of mineral resources, especially hydrocarbons, is not observed adequate to reserves growth. Thus, questions arise acutely to increase the efficiency of resource using, development of alternative sources of raw materials. Actual problem of the world is the development of technologies for extracting shale gas.
TPU Research Areas
Development of intellectual digital system for distant space geology studies of subsurface geological makeup (integral and differential digital transformation) intended for searching for mineral deposits.
Study of Earth crust physical processes. Study of modern Siberia land formation.
Siberia gold mineralization geology
Geological surveys of placer deposits. Reasons and criteria of gold field formation.
Low-permeable rock oil and gas
Modelling of oil-and-gas fields with oil hard to recover from low-permeable reservoirs intended for designing new development systems based on study of geology, seismology, petrophysics, tectonics, mineralogy, lithology and geochemistry of reservoirs, well fluids, modelling of dynamics of gas and fluid movement in reservoirs and adjacent rocks.
Comprehensive study of the Arctic Region
Study of Siberian Arctic Ocean Shelf as the planet-wide source of greenhouse gases: quantitative assessment of gas flows and identification of possible environment and climate hazards for humankind.
Developments and Projects
- New technology and technical facilities for high-production well hydromining.
- State-of-the-art grout mix compositions for high-efficient well drilling.
- Exclusive methods of sea offshore mineral exploration using space geology imaging.
- Laboratory complex to research poroperm and petrophysical properties of oil and gas field core samples.
- Innovative technology of oil-and-gas equipment exploitation safety increase.
- State-of-the-art reliable means of electrochemical protection of oil-and-gas pipelines.
- Technology of flameless catalytic oxidation of oil-associated gas to generate thermal energy.
Heriot-Watt University, Newсastle University (UK); Paris Sud University (France); Tomsk State University; “TomskNIPIneft” LLC; “Gazprom” OJSC; “Alrosa” OJSC; “Urangeo” OJSC; Oil Transporting Joint Stock Company “Transneft”; “Tsentrsibnefteprovod” OJSC; “Rosneft” OJSC; “SIAM Company” CJSC; “Surgutneftegas” OJSC; “VTK” OJSC.